Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology

Bodrum castle was built in 1406-1522 by the Saint Jean knights on a Turkish and Byzantian(Eastern Roman)Castle.Using Rhodes as their general headquarters,the crusaders built large castles on Anatolian shores and islands to dominate the sea routes to Jerusalem and to engage in piracy on the Anatolian shores. During that time the knights of Rhodes and Saint Jean built a large castles in Halicarnassus. The castles were built on the peninsula in the middle of adjoining crescent shaped harbours.

  • ZIYARET SAATLERI
    April-October
    Summer Opening Time
    April-October
    Summer Closing Time
    November-March
    Winter Opening Time
    November-March
    Winter Closing Time
    Closing Day
    08:00 19:00 08:00 17:00 Monday

    Ticket booths are closing 30 minutes or an hour before the museum closing time.
  • ADRES BILGILERI
    Address : Kale, Bodrum
    E-mail : bodrumsualti@muze.gov.tr
    Phone : (252) 316 25 16
  • NASIL GIDEBILIRIM ?
  • GÖRÜLMESI GEREKENLER

    Its highest tower is the French Tower with a height of 47.50 m. Other than this, there are also British,Italian,German and Snake Towers. The castle is built on a 33.000 metresquare area with a squarelike plan. The castle was opened on 6 November 1964 as Bodrum Museum and it took the name Underwater Archaelogy Museum on 25 March 1981. Today it is Turkey's only underwater archaelogy museum and one of the world's best.

    Amphora Exhibition
    Turkish Bath Exhibition
    The Chapel
    The Glass Hall
    Glass Shipwreck
    Tektaş Shipwreck
    Carian Princess
    The British Tower
    Late Bronze Age Shipwrecks
    Mass Grave Of Galley Slaves Exhibition
    The Dungeon
    The Snake Tower
    Ancient Theatre

  • GIRIŞ ÜCRETLERI
    25 TL